Coding For Biologist - 15 Days Hands-on Training on Python, R, BioPython & CADD Biological Data analysis
Calling All Aspiring Biologists: Dive into the World of Coding and Biological Data Analysis
Coding Skills for Biologists: Join Our 15-day Immersive Program with Hands-on Training on all coding languages & software
Golden Opportunity To Master Skills in Python, Biopython, R & CADD and how To Use Them in Biological Data Analysis
Bioinformatics Is The Present & Future, and Coding Is Your Key to Unlocking Its Boundless Potential
Starts From 20th Nov 2023
Welcome to the Coding For Biologist - 15 Days Hands-on Training in Python, R, Bio Python, and CADD Biological Data Analysis! In the rapidly evolving field of biology and life sciences, data-driven approaches are becoming increasingly critical for research, analysis, and decision-making. This comprehensive 15-day Training is designed to equip aspiring biologists, researchers, and life science enthusiasts with the essential coding skills necessary to harness the power of data analysis and computational biology.
- Start Date: 20th Nov 2023
- Duration: 15 Days
- Mode: Online Via Zoom
- Timings: 6 PM to 7 PM
- B.Sc., M.Sc., B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Life Sciences, Ph.D. and Post Doc Students are welcome, who want to learn coding.
- Individuals with a strong interest in bioinformatics and a basic understanding of biology are encouraged to apply.
R and Python: R and Python are two of the most widely used programming languages in bioinformatics and biological data analysis. R is known for its powerful statistical analysis capabilities, while Python is versatile and popular for its simplicity. Knowing both equips you to work with a broad range of biological data effectively.
BioPython: BioPython is a specialized library for biological data analysis, providing tools and libraries for sequence analysis, phylogenetics, structural biology, and more. It streamlines common biological data manipulation tasks.
CADD (Computer-Aided Drug Design): CADD plays a crucial role in drug discovery and development. Understanding CADD techniques is invaluable for researchers involved in pharmacology and drug-related research in the life sciences.
Why Coding is Essential for Biologists: Its Advantages:
In the era of big data, biologists can significantly benefit from incorporating coding into their skill set. Here are some of the key advantages:
Efficient Data Handling: With the immense volume of biological data generated daily, coding skills enable you to manage, process, and analyze data much more efficiently.
Customized Analysis: Coding allows you to tailor your analytical tools to meet the specific needs of your research, providing a level of customization that pre-built software may not offer.
Reproducibility: Coding ensures that your research is reproducible, transparent, and shareable with the scientific community, enhancing the credibility of your work.
Automation: Repetitive tasks can be automated, saving time and reducing the risk of errors in data analysis.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Coding skills enable better collaboration between biologists, computer scientists, and statisticians, fostering interdisciplinary research.
Instructor: Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh, PhD With a strong background in big data analysis using computational approaches in cancer omics data, Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh brings a wealth of experience from MIT ADT University. Her expertise spans cancer research, drug design, molecular dynamics simulation, data mining, and various omics technologies. Proficient in Python, R, and computational methodologies, she has a deep understanding of genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, pharmacogenomics, and AI for cancer treatment. Her skillset also includes machine learning, MySQL database management, and natural language processing (NLP).
Week 1: Introduction to Biological Data Analysis
Day 1: Getting Started with Python and R
- Explore the power of Python and R in Biological Data Analysis.
- Understand the key differences and advantages of Python and R.
- Learn to install Python, R, and the necessary libraries for data analysis.
Day 2: Data Import and Manipulation
- Master the art of working with biological data formats.
- Perform basic data manipulation using Python and R.
- Uncover the secrets of importing and transforming data.
Day 3: Data Visualization
- Dive into the world of data visualization.
- Create basic plots and charts with Matplotlib (Python) and ggplot2 (R).
- Visualize biological data effectively.
Day 4: Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Gain insights into your biological data.
- Apply Exploratory Data Analysis techniques using Python and R.
- Discover hidden patterns and trends.
Day 5: Introduction to Bio Python
- Unlock the potential of Bio Python.
- Learn essential Bio Python functions for sequence analysis.
- Lay the foundation for molecular data analysis.
Week 2: Molecular Data Analysis
Day 6: Sequence Alignment
- Understand the significance of sequence alignment.
- Perform pairwise sequence alignment using Bio Python.
- Align biological sequences for comparative analysis.
Day 7: Multiple Sequence Alignment
- Dive deeper into multiple sequence alignment.
- Utilize Bio Python for multiple sequence alignment.
- Explore advanced sequence alignment tools and techniques.
Day 8: Phylogenetic Analysis
- Construct phylogenetic trees.
- Visualize and interpret phylogenetic relationships.
- Explore the evolutionary history of biological data.
Day 9: Sequence Feature Analysis
- Identify and annotate sequence features.
- Conduct sequence motif searches with Bio Python.
- Uncover critical insights within your biological data.
Day 10: Protein Structure Analysis
- Embark on protein structure analysis.
- Utilize Bio Python to analyze protein structure data.
- Decode the intricacies of protein-related information.
Week 3: Clinical Data Analysis
Day 11: Clinical Data Preprocessing
- Prepare clinical data for analysis.
- Clean and organize clinical data.
- Handle missing data effectively.
Day 12: Survival Analysis
- Explore the world of survival analysis.
- Learn about the Kaplan-Meier Estimator and Cox Proportional Hazards Model in R.
- Analyze time-to-event data in the context of life sciences.
Day 13: File Parsing and Data Retrieval
- Master the art of reading and writing FASTA files.
- Parse GenBank files for valuable information.
- Retrieve and manipulate essential biological data.
Day 14: Drug Data Analysis
- Delve into pharmacogenomics and drug data analysis.
- Analyze drug response data with Python and R.
- Uncover the impact of genetics on drug interactions.
Day 15: Project and Presentation
- Apply your knowledge in a real research project.
- Showcase your skills and insights gained during the training.
- Present your findings and contributions to the field.
Why Attend This Training:
This training offers a unique opportunity for life science candidates to gain hands-on experience in coding and biological data analysis. By participating in this program, you will:
Build In-Demand Skills: Learn the coding languages and tools that are in high demand in the life sciences and bioinformatics fields.
Advance Your Career: Acquire skills that will make you more competitive in the job market and open up a wide range of career opportunities in academia, research, and industry.
Practical Experience: Gain practical experience in coding and data analysis through real-world examples and projects.
Networking: Connect with experts and peers in the field, building valuable connections for your future endeavors.
Apply Knowledge: The program culminates in a project and presentation, allowing you to apply your newfound skills to real-life biological data analysis challenges.
Join us for this transformative 15-day journey into the world of biological data analysis. Let coding be your gateway to unraveling the mysteries of life sciences and enhancing your impact in the field. Don't miss this opportunity to take your career to the next level. Register now and embark on this exciting educational journey with us!
Frequently asked questions on Coding For Biologist Training
Are these going to be live sessions?
The Coding For Biologist Hands-on Training will combine live interactive sessions,and assignments. However, our expert will be available to guide you throughout the course.
What If I miss a session?
The recording of the sessions will be available for five days post-completion of the Training. So you can go back and refer to the recordings, but make sure you do not miss the live sessions and take maximum benefit from it.
Will I need to install any software?
The course does not require any additional software. However, any requirement arises, the instructor will inform it before the sessions.
How to get the hard copy certificate?
To avail of the hard copy certificate, the candidate should complete the assignments. Upon submission of the same, a hard copy certificate will be sent to your address.
Whom do I contact for any further queries or technical difficulties?
Having any trouble? Get in touch with our team. Click on that Chat thingy or write to us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.