Bioinformatics Winter Internship - Bioinfo Global Research Hands-On Internship - Learn 30+ Computational Tools & Software
We Are Back On Super High Demand!
Dive into the future of biology with our Bioinformatics Winter Internship
Bioinformatics Global Research Online Hands-On Internship is Back With New Features.
Master Over 30 Computational Tools & Cutting-Edge Software with our Accomplished Global Bioinformatics Expert
RUN LIVE PROJECTS
Bioinformatics is the present and future - Are You Ready To Take Your Career To the Next Level?
Early Bird Registrations Open
Embark on a comprehensive journey into the world of Bioinformatics through our Global Research Online Hands-On Internship. This intensive program is designed for students and professionals across various life science disciplines who seek to harness the power of computational tools and software in biological research. Led by the esteemed instructor, Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh, PhD in Bioinformatics, you will explore over 30 computational tools and software, equipping you with the skills to delve into genomics, proteomics, molecular evolution, and more. Join us and uncover the limitless possibilities at the intersection of biology and technology.
- Duration: 14 Days of Instruction + 2 Days of LIVE Project Discussion + 5 Days for Project Submission
- Start Date: 15th Dec 2023
- Time: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm (IST)
- Target Audience: B.Sc., M.Sc., B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Life Sciences, Ph.D. and Post Doc Students
Why Attend the Bioinformatics Global Research Online Hands-On Internship:
Unlock the Future of Bioinformatics: Dive into the intersection of biology and technology with our intensive Global Research Online Hands-On Internship in Bioinformatics. This program offers a unique opportunity for students and professionals in life sciences to gain hands-on experience with over 30 computational tools and software applications. Led by accomplished instructor Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh, PhD, this internship promises a transformative journey through the world of bioinformatics.
How You'll Benefit:
Skill Amplification: Gain proficiency in utilizing computational tools for various bioinformatics tasks, from sequence analysis to protein structure prediction.
Practical Experience: Engage in real-world applications through hands-on sessions, enabling you to apply theoretical knowledge to actual research scenarios.
Instructor Expertise: Learn from Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh, a seasoned expert with a solid background in cancer omics data analysis and a wide range of computational methodologies.
Multi-Omics Understanding: Grasp the complexities of genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, and more, expanding your understanding of cutting-edge life science technologies.
Project Exposure: Participate in LIVE project discussions, enhancing your problem-solving skills and fostering collaboration with peers.
Bioinformatics is at the forefront of modern scientific advancements, enabling researchers to extract meaningful insights from vast biological data. From drug discovery to personalized medicine, bioinformatics plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of healthcare and life sciences.
How This Internship Will Help:
By attending this internship, you will acquire the skills needed to harness the power of bioinformatics tools and software, equipping you for a dynamic career in various sectors such as genomics, drug development, and data-driven research.
- B.Sc., M.Sc., B.Tech., M.Tech., B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Life Sciences, Ph.D. and Post Doc Students are welcome.
- Individuals with a strong interest in bioinformatics and a basic understanding of biology are encouraged to apply.
Instructor: Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh, PhD With a strong background in big data analysis using computational approaches in cancer omics data, Ms. Nilofer K Shaikh brings a wealth of experience from MIT ADT University. Her expertise spans cancer research, drug design, molecular dynamics simulation, data mining, and various omics technologies. Proficient in Python, R, and computational methodologies, she has a deep understanding of genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, pharmacogenomics, and AI for cancer treatment. Her skillset also includes machine learning, MySQL database management, and natural language processing (NLP).
UNIT-1: Introduction to Bioinformatics
- DAY-1: Introduction to Bioinformatics – History, scope, and applications
- DAY-2: Basic concepts in molecular biology and genetics, Goals of bioinformatics and Fields of bioinformatics
UNIT-2: Biological Databases and Tools
- DAY-3: Introduction to major biological databases (NCBI, UniProt etc.)
- DAY-4: Using online tools for data retrieval and analysis with BLAST and UCSC Genome Browser
- DAY-5: Updated Comprehensive Guide to Bioinformatics Databases (Primary, Secondary, Literature databases)
UNIT-3: Sequence Analysis
- DAY-6: Sequence alignment techniques – global alignments and local alignments (pairwise and multiple sequence alignment)
- DAY-7: Introduction to sequence similarity searching; Hands-on with tools like ClustalW, MUSCLE, and BLAST
UNIT-4: Molecular Phylogenetic
- DAY-8: Molecular Evolution, Understanding Evolution, Reading Phylogenetics Tree; Building Guide Tree
- DAY-9: Constructing a phylogenetic tree
UNIT-5: Protein Structure Analysis
- DAY-10: Introduction to protein structure databases (PDB)
- DAY-11: Basic concepts in protein structure prediction and modeling, Homology Modeling
- DAY-12: Hands-on experience with SWISS-MODEL SERVER, Phyre2, and visualization tools (e.g., PyMOL)
UNIT-6: Functional Analysis
- DAY-13: Introduction to Functional Enrichment Analysis, Gene ontology (GO), and pathway analysis
- DAY-14: Pathway analysis using tools like KEGG or Reactome; Protein Functional Analysis (PFA) tools for biological or biochemical roles
Day 15 & 16: LIVE Project Discussion
Day 17-21: Project Submission Period
Certification: A hard copy certificate will be given to all participants after successfully submitting all assignments. This certificate can be shared with your potential employers and with your network.
Laptop Requirements for Attending the Bioinformatics Internship:
To fully engage in the Bioinformatics Global Research Online Hands-On Internship, participants are required to have access to a laptop that meets the following specifications:
- Operating System: Windows, macOS, or Linux.
- Processor: Dual-core processor or higher.
- RAM: Minimum of 4GB RAM.
- Internet Connectivity: Stable internet connection for seamless participation in live sessions and online activities.
- Web Browser: Latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge for optimal compatibility with online tools and platforms.
- Software: Ability to install software as instructed during the internship for hands-on practical sessions.
- Webcam and Microphone: Built-in or external webcam and microphone for interactive discussions and presentations.
Join us to embark on a transformative journey into the world of bioinformatics and secure your spot in the future of life sciences!
Frequently asked questions on Bioinformatics Global Tools & Techniques Hands-on Internship.
Are these going to be live sessions?
The Bioinformatics Hands-on Internship will combine live interactive sessions, recorded self-learning classes, and assignments. However, our expert will be available to guide you throughout the course.
What If I miss a session?
The recording of the sessions will be available for five days post-completion of the internship. So you can go back and refer to the recordings, but make sure you do not miss the live sessions and take maximum benefit from it.
Will I need to install any software?
The course does not require any additional software. However, any requirement arises, the instructor will inform it before the sessions.
How to get the hard copy certificate?
To avail of the hard copy certificate, the candidate should complete the assignments. Upon submission of the same, a hard copy certificate will be sent to your address.
Whom do I contact for any further queries or technical difficulties?
Having any trouble? Get in touch with our team. Click on that Chat thingy or write to us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.