Program 02: Module on Cloning and Gene Expression
Cloning and Gene Expression simplified to make you understand effectively. The subject includes understanding the various methods to screen clones, hybridization and preparation and purification of vectors and so on. Become an expert with the concepts and get ahead with industrial applications.
- Biochemical calculations
- Laboratory instruments (principle and usage)
- Data mining using GENBANK
- Blasting sequences
- Preparation of insert DNA
- Preparation of vector DNA
- Purification of vector and insert DNA from agarose gel
- Choice of vector and host systems
- Preparation of competent cells
- Bacterial Transformation
- Screening of clones using
- Retardation check
- Restriction digestion
- Southern Hybridization
- Variants of PCR
- Amplification of a gene
Who should join?
If you are a biotechnology enthusiast, an MSc/MTech/ME in Life Sciences, who are looking to strengthen concepts and build on hands-on skills, which would help you grab the right job, this is the right place to enrol.
The module consists of 2 weeks classroom training with our expert faculty followed by 2 weeks practical exposure with our service provider. Also avail our e-learner facility.
Total Duration: 4 weeks
The classes will be held in Biotecnika Bangalore branch/ Online.
Lab Partner: Azyme Labs