Python Basics Certification Course
Basics of Python for Biologists
LIVE Course in the BioTecNika App
Programming is not only important for IT professionals but it is equally helpful to biologists also, and nowadays it is the most important and demanding skill for researchers to have. However, being from a biology background it can be really tough to start learning programming by yourself. If you want to learn Python at your own pace, then you are in the right place. This certification course provides all the information which is needed to start your programming career and Python is the best to start this self-learning journey of yours. In no time, you are going to be a faster, more efficient researcher with a CV no one will look away from.
Python is an object-oriented programming language. It is ideally designed for rapid prototyping of complex applications. It has interfaces to many OS system calls and libraries and is extensible to C or C++. Many large companies use the Python programming language, including NASA, Google, YouTube, etc.
Why Should You Learn Python?
For an IT professional it is easy to figure out which coding to learn out of several programming languages but as a biologist, it is very difficult to understand that which programming language would serve your purpose. Now why Python? why not other languages?, Here are the following reasons:
- It is the most widely used programming language in the world.
- It has a very easy learning curve.
- Easy syntax and easy to understand
Future scope of Python Programming: The present and future scope of python language are increasing day by day. It can be seen that several biology programmers have already contributed many libraries to make Python science-friendly, whether it comes to protein sequencing, or any other data science-related research python is the first priority.
Biotecnika’s Certification program on Python Language aims to equip you with knowledge about performing machine learning, visualizations, and data analyses, etc which as a bioinformatician is a must. Each lecture in the courses covers the topics at a perfect pace in an elaborate manner.
What this course covers:
Module 1: Python Programming Basics
- Install Python IDE — How to Install Python on Windows [Pycharm IDE]
- Python Hello World — Create Your First Python Program
- Python print() Function — How to Print in Python with Examples
- Python Variables — How to Define/Declare String Variable Types
Module 2: Boolean Values, Conditional Execution, Loops, Lists and List Processing, Logical and Bitwise Operations
- Making decisions in Python
- Python's loops
- Logic and bit operations in Python
- Lists - collections of data
- Sorting simple lists - the bubble sort algorithm
Module 3: Functions, Tuples, Dictionaries, and Data Processing
- Writing functions in Python
- How do functions communicate with their environment?
- Returning a result from a function
- Scopes in Python
- Let's make some fun... sorry, functions
- Tuples and dictionaries
Module 4: A case study
What should you expect from this certification Course?
- Course content Meets the industry standard.
- Flexible learning- Learn anytime from anywhere.
- Timings are suitable as per the students and working professionals.
- A hard copy of the certificate will be provided on course completion that adds weightage to your profile.
Who is eligible?
The courses are designed to suit graduates, postgraduates, teaching, and industry professionals along with research enthusiasts. A basic level of knowledge about various concepts involved in programming is required.
Requirements for the Live Certification course:
- Basic understanding of Programming language terms and concepts
- A Laptop or computer
- Stable Internet connection
- Eager to learn- Attitude
Frequently asked questions on Certification Course Basics of Python for Biologists
- Are these going to be live sessions?
Yes, The certification course on the basics of Python Programming will be a live session where you can interact with the experts directly.
- What If I miss a session?
The recording of the sessions will be available(Lifetime access). So you can go back and refer to the recordings, but make sure you do not miss the live sessions and take maximum benefit from them.
- How do I evaluate myself?
Time to test all the knowledge you have gained. Take the test at the end of the course and evaluate yourself. Every Certification Course has a test at the end, upon successful completion of which certificates are handed over.
- How to get the hard copy certificate for the Basics of Python for Biologists course?
To avail of the hard copy certificate, Take the test at the end of the course. Clearing the test ( with a minimum of 40%) will earn you the certificate. The certificate will be sent to your doorstep. This is applicable to Paid students and not under any other offer
- Whom do I contact for any further queries or technical difficulties?